[Orion] Orion 565 locks in CW tx mode

Dick Coates dick at mbtsa.co.za
Wed Mar 25 03:00:06 EDT 2015

I have an Orion 565 with firmware 3.032x5. When I select mode UCW or LCW
the txcvr immediately goes into tx and transmits a continuous carrier and
locks in this mode until I change back to USB or LSB.

If the rig in in USB or LSB  as soon as I use the tuner the rig locks again.

I seem to recall this started after I inadvertently pressed User1 or User2
 when keying in UCW (but I’m not 100% sure)  I have tried a Master Reset
and also reloading the firmware buit this doesn’t fix the problem.  Any
bright ideas out there please?

73  Dick  ZS6BUN

Dick Coates

*MBT South Africa*

*Distributors of Plastics Raw Materials*

Office: +27 11 4552889

Fax:      +27 11 4552937

Cell:      +27 82 6007398

www.mbtsa.co.za