[OZ-CONTEST] 3Y0X - Peter One - Latest News

OZ0J info at oz0j.dk
Sun Feb 13 09:06:45 EST 2005

Til info. Se mere på www.peterone.com <http://www.peterone.com/>

73 Jørgen OZ0J

Date: February 12, 2005

Team co-leaders:

Ralph Fedor, KØIR and Bob Allphin, K4UEE

Peter I Team assembled in Ushuaia, Argentina.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

All of the 3YØX team members have now assembled in Ushuaia, Argentina.  Four
of the European operators arrived in Ushuaia on Friday, Feb. 11, bringing
the total number of assembled members to twenty.

As most of you know, the team had to shift its staging area from Punta
Arenas, Chile to Ushuaia, Argentina.  The sea container full of the team's
supplies had to be moved through the complex customs process and then
overland trucking arranged to move the container.  The container is due to
arrive in Ushuaia on Saturday, Feb. 12.  This change in point of embarkation
also resulted in the need to re-evaluate our propane fittings and change our
food supply source.  These have been very busy days for the team.

The ship is fueled and ready to make its way from Comodoro Rivadavia to
Ushuaia to pick up the team and load their supplies.

The helicopter company shocked the team by substituting a different, smaller
helicopter and delaying its availability by six days.  We are now in the
process of contract negotiations with two other helicopter charter
companies.  This is our remaining hurdle.

If we are unable to sail to Peter I by the middle of next week due to the
helicopter situation, we will likely postpone until next year.  However, at
this time we still have options and we remain optimistic.  Meanwhile the
team is enjoying the incredibly beautiful weather in Tierra del Fuego and
the hospitality of the local hams.

This is a huge undertaking and very, very expensive.  The team members are
funding 74% of the total cost and need your help with the remaining
expenses.  Your contribution will be very much appreciated.  Send
contributions to either: W4GKF, F2JD, JA1ELY or ZL2AL (check the website for
an  <http://www.peterone.com/contribute.htm> easy-to-use donation form).

  _____

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 19924 spam-mails
Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her
<http://www.spamfighter.com/Lang_DA/Product_Info.asp> .