[OZ-CONTEST] Time to act! --> The 13th CCF/OHDXF Contest/DX Meeting --> 18.-20.1.2008

Luoma-aho Pasi Pasi.Luoma-aho at sysopendigia.com
Tue Dec 18 13:07:03 EST 2007

Hei,

It's time to act!  Only one month to the "coolest" Contest & DX meeting in 2008!

BOOK your cruise/cabin NOW! --> http://area.etapahtuma.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=2839 --> Accesscode CCF08

Some limitations in cabin availability already after Christmas!  This week also Lux and A cabins still available!  A and B cabins with same price!  After 28.12.2007 all the free cabins will become available to other cruisers, too.  Please act before that at the latest!

*NOTE*: Daytime visitors in Stockholm on Sat 19.1.2008! / 20 € per person.
*NOTE*: All 19.1.2008 daytime program visitors in Stockholm *MUST* be listed for security reasons by 11.1.2008!
*NOTE*: Only listed visitors are allowed to visit the ferry on Saturday 19.1.2008.
*NOTE*: Please inform your name + date of birth to --> nina.krauel at area.fi , tel. +358 (0)10 818 9323

On the meeting agenda :

* CN2R station design and evolution  (by W7EJ/CN2R)
* 4O3A station automation  (by 4O3A/YT6A)
* From D4B to D4C – Contesting from Cape Verde  (by IK2NCJ,I4UFH,YL2KL,YL3DW,...)
* A troublesome DXpedition 3B6SP --> 3B7SP  (by SP5XVY)
* VP6DX Ducie DXpedition (Feb 2008) update  (by SP5XVY)
* FO/M Marquesas Islands DXpedition – Direct report from the Pacific  (by OH Pacific Team)
* RTTY Competing on high level
* CW and SSB pileup contests (by CCF)
* World Wide Young Contesters – WWYC
* Arcala Xtremes OH8X update
* ... etc.

Time schedule (local times) :

Friday 18.1.2008
- 15:30: Check-in starts at the ferry terminal
- 17:30: Ferry leaves Helsinki (OH)
- 18:00: Get-together, Presentations (part I)
- 20:30: Contest/DX Buffet

Saturday 19.1.2008
- 09:40: Arrival to Stockholm (SM)
- 11:00: Presentations (part II)
- 16:45: Ferry leaves Stockholm (SM)
- 17:00: Contest & DX Dinner, A’la carte

Sunday 20.1.2008
- 10:00: Arrival to Helsinki (OH)

More info: --> www.contestclubfinland.com

Check airline special offers to Helsinki (HEL) and Tampere (TMP).

Tampere --> Helsinki by train takes 1:30-1:45 hours, avg 26€/person.

OH3RM's taxi company offers special Contest shuttle from Tampere airport to Tampere City and/or straight to Helsinki :

Up to 8 passengers (or even more), total prices / one way :
* Tampere airport - Tampere City 30€
* Tampere airport/City - Helsinki 240€  (Thursday/Friday, return to Tampere on Sunday)

If you need transportation from/to Tampere, please send e-mail to oh3rm at sral.fi or call +358 46 811 4466.

Merry Xmas!

CU "/MM" in January 2008!

On behalf of Contest Club Finland (CCF) and OH DX Foundation (OHDXF),

Pasi OH6UM/OH2IW

Comments from the 2007 cruise :

DX Comments:

"S&%#TANA, it was very good!"
"My first time on the CCF cruise, and I really enjoyed it! Presentations were great with a wide spectrum of interesting topics. Everything together with the opportunity to meet your friends (and making new friends) is great. I will certainly join if there's a cruise in 2008!"
"There was a good balance between presentations and time for eyeball qsos."
"Cruise concept is excellent & good value."
"Presentations by experience + number of participants = lots of interaction"
"Keep it mixed - DX/Contest topics and tecnical topics, too."
"Keep on with your good work!!!"