[OZ-CONTEST] WRTC awards and prizes

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Mon May 17 22:34:47 PDT 2010

World Radiosport Team Championship 2010

Awards and Prizes for HAM Radio Community

Dear friends,

To encourage the HAM radio community worldwide to make contacts with
WRTC-2010 participants during the IARU HF Championship contest the
weekend of July 10-11, 2010, we would like to announce our special
awards and prizes program.

WRTC-2010 awards, special plaques, T-shirts and trophies will be
issued based upon the following rules:

1. QSO points

- All WRTC stations will use distinctive callsigns from the block R30A
- R39Z.  The same WRTC-2010 station may be worked once on CW and once
on SSB on each band (80, 40, 20, 15 and 10m).  The WRTC stations will
not operate on 160m.

- Each confirmed two-way CW or SSB QSO with a WRTC-2010 station counts 1 point.

2. The logs

The WRTC Committee needs as many IARU contest logs as possible to
create the QSO data base it will use to cross check the WRTC
competitors' logs.  We ask all stations working the IARU contest to
please send copies of their electronic, Cabrillo formatted logs to
logs at wrtc2010.ru or upload them to http://www.wrtc2010.ru/upload no
later than 18:00 UTC on Sunday, July 11, 2010 (Note: this is only six
hours after the end of the contest).  The subject field should contain
your contest callsign, e.g., "Subject: RA5AA".

The Committee guarantees that these logs will be used only to
determine winners of the WRTC awards and prizes, and for cross
checking the WRTC-2010 teams' logs.  Please understand that sending us
a copy of your log does NOT constitute a log submission for the IARU
HF Championship; for that, you should also e-mail your log to
IARUHF at iaru.org.

3. Awards and Prizes

WRTC-2010 Certificate:

For making 50 QSO points with the WRTC-2010 stations in any
combination of modes and bands.

WRTC-2010 Special Trophy:

For making QSOs with ALL WRTC-2010 Stations on CW

For making QSOs with ALL WRTC-2010 Stations on SSB

For making QSOs with ALL WRTC-2010 Stations Mixed

WRTC-2010 T-shirt:

DX: for making 100 QSO points with WRTC-2010 stations

EU: for making 180 QSO points with WRTC-2010 stations

ITU Zone 29: for making 140 QSO points with WRTC-2010 stations

WRTC-2010 plaques:

WRTC-2010 plaques will be issued to the stations with the highest
number of QSO points in the following categories:

Worked all WRTC-2010 - Single op CW

Worked all WRTC-2010 - Single op SSB

Worked all WRTC-2010 - Single op Mixed

Worked all WRTC-2010 - Multi op CW

Worked all WRTC-2010 - Multi op SSB

Worked all WRTC-2010 - Multi op Mixed

WRTC-2010 plaques will be awarded for each of the following areas:

Europe                                            Asia
                      North America

South America                                Africa
                Oceania

USA                                                 Japan
                     HQ stations

European Russia (R1-R7)             Asiatic Russia (R8-R9)
Asiatic Russia (R0)

The complete list of WRTC-2010 station callsigns will be published on
the WRTC WEB site 1 day before the contest.

We also ask you to cooperate with requests from R30A-R39Z stations to
move to another band or mode with them for a new multiplier or QSO.

WRTC-2010 Organizing Committee

www.wrtc2010.ru