[OZ-CONTEST] CQWW RTTY OZ1ADL

Jan Thøgersen jan at thogersen.dk
Sun Sep 26 17:04:31 PDT 2010

...Holy  Moly - What a week-end !

This was my first major RTTY - week-end ever...

I thought  Iknew what it was like to do a major RTTY Contest, but this one surely beats them all !!!!
I had planned some Radio time this time, along with family activities and started out all alone, but after 18 hours and 18 minutes, I had beat OZ1AAs existing SOAB Danish  CQWW RTTY Record from 2001 of 831,776 points - and things were moving along splendidly ...so I decided to call for a little help from my friends and after about 20 hours of operation Kim, OZ1JUX showed up after a long drive all the way from Germany, and he took most of the next next night after having just had 2 RTTY QSOs in his whole life...Boy, was he in for some practising!

He diddled through the night till I came back around 04 and we basically split the whole next day until Alex, OZ7AM came over all the way from Copenhagen with new energy on sunday morning - and suddenly we found ourselves operating a nice little MultiSingle operaion on RTTY for the first time, with a lot of life in the Shack, frozen microwave food, visitors, buzzling energy and the station working very hard indeed ! And us as well, but during this one, we couldactually have conversations etcwithout anyone shouting CQ Contest in the middle of a sentence :-)

We ended up with 2000 QSOs  & 2.620228 points ! Gooood Night !

Holy Moly...

73 de OZ1ADL

Jan