[OZ-CONTEST] OZ1ADL… a week of Radio !

Jan Thogersen jan at thogersen.dk
Sun Jul 29 13:03:53 PDT 2012

Wow....

What a week ...

My wife and daughter are in the US and my son is in Italy, so I have had plenty of time to play around and to spread the word about the World´s Best Hobby.

I did that by participating in the huge National Scout Jamboree, where members of EDR - Eksoerimenterende Danske Radioamatører - helped the Scouts make this a VERY Radioactive week with lots of precense - and 5 running stations, so there were plenty of opportunity to check  out the hobby and to
participate in related activities, like building a dipole etc.

We also introduced the kids to Contesting and even held a license course on the premises and on thursday we hatched 12 new Hams, so our family is growing :-)

Here are a few pictures from the event, if you are interested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67959706@N00/sets/72157630776067048/

Oohhh, upon my return on saturday evening, I apparently hadn´t had enough radio during the week, so I spent a few hours in the Shack, which amounted to the following result:

Contest         : IOTA Contest
Callsign        : OZ1ADL
Mode            : SSB
Category        : Single Operator Assisted (SOA)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  : DX