[OZ-CONTEST] Enigma Award - reminder / information

OZ1BII Henning mail at oz1bii.dk
Wed Aug 12 17:16:44 EDT 2015

Hello / Здравствуйте / Buenos días / Buon Giorno / Guten Tag / Bonjour / 你好 / 안녕하세요 / こんにちは / Hej / Hei / Ahoj / Здраво / Bok / مرحبا / Γεια / שלום / Merhaba / Բարեւ Ձեզ / გამარჯობა

In the name of Polish Radio Amateur Union we would like to remind that on August 14th special even stations, that take part in planned since January 2015 "Enigma Award" diploma action, will start transmitting.

With the end of July a special event station SN0MR, which goal was to bring attention of corespondents to the person of Marian Rejewski and encourage them to participate in the action. Station was active for 2 months during which we've made 3500 QSO using different modes and bands.

The "Enigma Award" action has been prepared to commemorate Marian Rejewski, resident of Bydgoszcz, extraordinary mathematician and cryptologist. It is associated with 110th anniversary of his birth and 35th anniversary of his death. City of Bydgoszcz dedicated this year entirely to him by pronouncing it Marian Rejewski's year. The action is supposed to inspire and provoke corespondents to gain a historical knowledge about Marian Rejewski who changed course of events during World War II.

The best operators (9 of them) and the best SWLs (3 of them) will receive a reward (free of any charge including the shipping of reward). A statuette made of crystal with Enigma engraved in it and the operator's callsign. The very best 3 operators will in addition receive a book about Marian Rejewski's life. Details can be found on the website of the event  <http://enigmaaward.eu/> http://enigmaaward.eu/.

We're counting on active participation of radio amateurs from all over the world, therefore we invite all colleagues to intensify their activity on the air and participation in the educational game they've never seen before. We hope all beams in between 14th and 30th of August will be facing SP.

--

Sincerely

Secretary of the board of

the Bydgoszcz Branch of