[OZ-CONTEST] Great News About PJ2T

Henning mail at oz1bii.dk
Tue Sep 5 17:26:44 EDT 2017

Contesters,

I'm happy to let you know that after 17 years of contest activity from
Curacao we have finally secured a permanent club license and permanent use
of the PJ2T callsign.

For several hundred contests over that period of time we have had to apply
well in advance for use of the PJ2T callsign for each specific contest and
pay a special event callsign fee.

We "incorporated" in 2011 as "The Curacao Contesting Club Association," a
legally constituted entity on the island. This involved a lengthy,
bureaucratically complex, and very expensive process which has proceeded in
these intervening six years between application and finally granting of our
license. Our application was supported in writing by the other ham radio
club on the island, VERONA, and we are grateful to PJ2BR, PJ2KC, and PJ2BVU
for their support of our club license application.

We are also grateful to the government officials of Bureau Telecommunicatie
for showing confidence in CCC and in the PJ2T operators in their decision to
grant us this permanent club license.

Beginning in mid-October, you will be hearing the PJ2T callsign on the bands
at all times and not just the contest weekends.

     73, Thanks for the QSOs,

               - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX