[OZ-CONTEST] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] Slow speed CW in contests

OZ1BII Henning mail at oz1bii.dk
Tue Mar 20 19:10:28 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark <markzl3ab at gmail.com>
Date: 2018-03-20 22:55 GMT+01:00
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Slow speed CW in contests
To: "CQ-Contest at contesting.com" <cq-contest at contesting.com>

I am sure the Oceania Contest committee won't  mind me letting the cat out
of the bag, I thought I would add they are going to promote slow speed CW
in a part of each band in the upcoming Oceania CW contest on 13-14
October.
The basic idea is to encourage calling CQ at (I think) less than 20wpm in
that section and callers should respond to the CQ at the same speed.  This
is to encourage newcomers to have a go without being intimidated by the
speed merchants.
While it won't be policed it is hoped people will enter into the spirit
of it.  This would be a good chance for newbies to work a bit of DX as well.

So if you are helping people get into CW contesting this might be
something for them to aim for and/or you could get on there and call CQ
yourself.

73
Mark ZL3AB