[RFI] re: RFI in G-1000SDX

n7zm@juno.com n7zm@juno.com
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:19:50 -0700

I've been plagued with RFI in my rotor control for my Yaesu G-1000SDX
since I owned the unit.Whenever I was watching the DX-Cluster, every post
would make my meter indicator move. Only 2-meters would do this! I've
tried up to 6 beads in line at the control box end, as well as  on the
rotor end, with no results.
Thanks to an article just recently on the RFI reflector by Chris KF0FX,
which was passed on by Kelly KA5MGL, my RFI problem is solved. I tried a
3-2 prong AC adapter as suggested, and now my ground loop and RFI
problems are gone.
Thanks guys, 73 Ron N7ZM

Ron Feldstein N7ZM
Carson City, NV 89704

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html