[RFI] Re: rfi-digest V2 #13

SCAMERON SCAMERON <SCAMERON@prodigy.net>
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:44:16 -0500

A simple rf choke in that lead going to the lamp base will cure the
problem.
There's articles in past QST's that have more details.
3/88 p.42 (4.7mh choke in series with a 1.8k resistor),
1/86 (100mh choke in series with 1.8k resistor),
5/85 (1k resistor)
I used a 4.7mh choke in series with a 1.8k resistor as suggested in the
3/88 article and it worked.
Touch lamps also cause RFI in your receiver!
Skip W5GAI

--
Learn more about Bull Creek Foundation at
http://www.austin360.com/community/groups/bcf/index.html

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html