[RFI] AC Brute Force Line Filter

Branch T SMSgt AFRS Branch T SMSgt AFRS <Tom.Branch@rs.af.mil>
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:49:45 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEEA63.913FEC20

Larry,

I picked up some small 20 amp AC line filters from Surplus Sales--rated at
60 db per leg.  I use one on each of the two circuits coming into my shack.
They are both installed on the single point ground plate.

http://www.surplussales.com

GL es 73 de Tom, K4NR/5

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Crim [mailto:k4ab@email.msn.com]
I have a situation where RF enters my home via the commercial AC lines.  In
speaking with my local utility expert, he says they would be happy to
install a large brute force filter at the service entrance if we could
locate a manufacturer.  He says ke knows that these filters are made, but
can't seem to locate one.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEEA63.913FEC20

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2645.0">
<TITLE>RE: [RFI] AC Brute Force Line Filter</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Larry,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I picked up some small 20 amp AC line filters from =
Surplus Sales--rated at 60 db per leg.&nbsp; I use one on each of the =
two circuits coming into my shack.&nbsp; They are both installed on the =
single point ground plate.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://www.surplussales.com" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.surplussales.com</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>GL es 73 de Tom, K4NR/5</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Larry Crim [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:k4ab@email.msn.com">mailto:k4ab@email.msn.com</A>]</FONT>=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have a situation where RF enters my home via the =
commercial AC lines.&nbsp; In</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>speaking with my local utility expert, he says they =
would be happy to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>install a large brute force filter at the service =
entrance if we could</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>locate a manufacturer.&nbsp; He says ke knows that =
these filters are made, but</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>can't seem to locate one.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BEEA63.913FEC20--