[RFI] RFI/TVI, max. permissible electrical field

Cedric Baechler HB9HFN Cedric Baechler HB9HFN <cedric.baechler@com.mcnet.ch>
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:53:18 +0000

Hello,

Recently I learned from the neighboor that I was doing TVI/RFI on some of
his electrical devices. He then called the OFCOM (like FCC in USA) that
made electrical fields measures and found values up to 12 V/m.

What is the maximal electrical field in [V/m] I am allowed to produce with
my transceiver. In HB9 I was chocked to learn that it's only 1 V/m when I
interfere with other electrical devices!

That means that with 1 Watts and a dipole at 7 meters from the electrical
device, I would produce about these 1 V/m. Not really good for DX...

I would be interested to know what are these norms in other countries.

73, Cedric HB9HFN

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html