[RFI] Clean Monitor

Jim Idelson Jim Idelson <jimi@designet.com>
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:37:11 -0400

I've been following the discussion about computer monitor
emissions with great interest. My shack includes multiple pc's
with monitors and a 10bT network with hub and ISDN router.

The monitors have been the greatest noise-makers, by a wide
margin. I've been swapping out a variety of 14/15-inch monitors
to see what works best. In the end, it was a CTX monitor that
was the quietest of the low-end group. Unfortunately, it just isn't
quiet enough.

Last night, I brought home one of my office monitors, a Dell
Ultrascan 1000H 17-inch unit. The monitor appears to be a
relabelled Sony Trinitron. It works great. Very quiet.

"You get what you pay for" seems to be the right conclusion.

Jim K1IR

The Information Resource for Conferencing Professionals
James S. Idelson
President
DesigNET International, Inc.
96 Morse Road