[RFI] 1500 Watts vs. Radio Shack Amplified Antenna

WX5L WX5L <wx5l@communique.net>
Thu, 06 May 1999 14:13:20 -0500

WBH3@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> My neighbor who lives 55 feet away from me has a Radio Shack Amplified Antenna.
> This thing looks like a real big Frisbee.....it is round and has a wide bando
> problem  with
> amplifier built into the housing.

     Hi Bill,

Truly a difficult case and my suggustion would be heavy toroid choking.

Purchase 2 or 3 of the  FT-240-77
Sandwich them together, ty-wrap snug all together then wrap coaxial cable through
toroids at least 5 or 6 times and install at input of the TV. This will provide
heavy impedance at HF frequencies and may eliminate or greatly reduce the problem.

I usually get my toroids from Amidon.

Good Luck,
Randy

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html