[RFI] 6 meter TVI (audio only)

Scott Neader Scott Neader <neader@centuryinter.net>
Tue, 11 May 1999 20:29:46 -0500

Playing with the 6 meter E-skip tonight down to the SE USA and my neighbor
to the SE called saying that he is hearing me very strong on all channels,
audio only.  They have cable, but since it is all channels and audio only,
I am probably safe to assume that the TV is the culprit, right?  He says it
is an almost new Zenith TV.

I'm a rookie at this... what steps would you all suggest to cure this problem?

FYI, my setup is a Kenwood TS-930 HF rig driving a DEM 6m Transverter, then
using a Mirage 6m amplifier (about 150w out).  Antenna is a 6 ele Cushcraft
at about 80 feet.  Neighbor is so close to the SE that I could spit out my
window and hit him.  Hmmm... maybe that's an idea...

- Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and hosting
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / KA9FOX@QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601   / ICQ 12151451
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com/Classifieds
KA9FOX Contesting & DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Internet Solutions Home Page:   http://www.QTH.com/is

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html