[RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor

Pete Smith Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:21:24 +0000

At 08:28 PM 11/22/99 EST, BJ3684@aol.com wrote:
>Jon, this may not address your problem exactly the way you wish, but this is
>what Ive done here many times when the going gets rough.
>
>Neighbor comes to door
>complains of tvi (ssb or cw)
>I arrange to come over and observe the interference
>before i leave the house
>I turn on a loop tape on ssb, <my call> testing 1,2,3
>i go to neighbors house
>we talk awhile
>i suggest we switch on the TV
>WOW   look at this
>its terrible
>i look at neighbor, and say--- this cant be me
>im here with you, and we're still getting interference
>in the 5-10 cases ive handles in this manner,
>only one time did this not work.
>The neighbors were embarassed that they "bothered me"
>and they never rang my door again.
>It was suggested that there were other hams or cbers in the neighborhood
>or police calls or whatever, which cause this type of interference.
>What do you think.???

Quite aside from the ethics, sooner or later you'll get caught, your
neighbors will all share experiences with one another, and you'll have far
more grief than you would have if you had dealt honestly with the situation
in the first place.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Sometimes a tower is just a tower