[RFI] Sounds Wanted

Hare, Ed, W1RFI Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:55:21 -0500

Hello, fellow RFI "enthusiasts,"

As if I needed another RFI job to do, I have decided I want to add sound
files to the ARRL web pages on RFI.  This will help hams identify unknown
sounds. Although I can generate a few of these here relatively easily, I
want to collect sounds from other sources, too.  If any of you can make a
recording of an RFI noise that is specifically identified (insulator
tracking on power lines, noisy street lamp, electric blanket thermostat,
vacuum cleaner motors, electri fence, computer, etc), please send them to me
here at ARRL HQ.  .wav files or analog audio recordings are equally
acceptable.  I will put up an "RFI Sounds" page on the ARRL Web as a first
step, then start revising our packages one at a time, adding improvements,
more info about the applicable rules and the sounds as each one is done.

Thanks in advance.

73 from ARRL HQ,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St
Newington, CT  06111
860-594-0318
w1rfi@arrl.org
Visit the ARRL Website at http://www.arrl.org/. Check out the ARRL
members-only website at http://www.arrl.org/members/.  Have your
ARRL membership number (from your QST mailing label) available the
first time you check in. For answers to many technical questions,
consult the ARRL Technical Information Service page on the ARRL Web
site at http://www.arrl.org/tis.

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html