[RFI] Computer monitors that are RFI quiet

Wendell Wyly W5FL Wendell Wyly W5FL" <w5fl@flash.net
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:19:49 -0500

Guess most of us faced the same issues after finding out that our monitors
were really full of birdies and downright awful on some frequencies.  I
found that the European Standards were much more stringent than the FCC Type
B (for home use).  FCC Type A (for commercial use) can be really bad.  I
bought the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 87TXM.  It is a 17 inch and is perfectly
quiet in my FT1000MP setting two inches to the side.  You do pay more for
the quiet monitors.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rfi@contesting.com [mailto:owner-rfi@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Craig B. Johnson
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2000 11:34 AM
To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Computer monitors that are RFI quiet

I am looking for a new computer monitor and I want to find one that is well
shielded so that it does not send RFI to my radio equipment.

I am currently using a ViewSonic PT775 (17-inch) and it is a nice monitor
but
puts out a lot of birdies on the HF bands.  I think there was some
discussion
a while ago about certain brands that are better.  Unfortunately I cannot
find
the info now.

Are there some models that have been found to be relatively RFI clean?

Thanks.
- Craig, AAØZZ

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html