[RFI] line filters

bill thomas bill thomas" <k1xt@hotmail.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 20:35:22 CDT

I use Corcom line filters for ac line interference.  Yes, computers are
notorious for dirty unfiltered power supplies.  I use the Corcom 10amp EMI
filters and they have been 100 percent effective in killing the rfi.  In
fact, I was surprised at just how well they work.  You must have a good
ground connected to it as with any truly effective filter.  I also use the
Corcom for flourecent lights and other rfi producers.  The Corcoms use
across the line and bypass caps as well as several toroids.  The box is also
solder sealed.  You can usually find these at most any electronic surplus
store.  I pay $4 for the 10amp models.

73 Bill K1XT