[RFI] Low band noise

Richard D. White Richard D. White" <Acts1x8@pacbell.net
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:58:54 -0800

Hello Everyone-

I have a Yaesu FRG-100 receiver hooked up to a
random wire antenna, and am experiencing solid
noise that sounds something like ac hum on anywhere
between 80 KHz. to 500 KHZ.  I have no known
appliances running, the noise appears to always be
there, the radio works fine everywhere else in the
frequencies it covers.  I have telephone wires and
ac lines on the pole in my backyard approx. 50
to 80 feet from the receiver.  Could this be from
the ac lines, or from something else, and any suggestions?
Thank you for whatever suggestions you might have.

Rich

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi