[RFI] Re: Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) Digest V4 #56

scameron scameron <scameron@austin.rr.com>
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:13:34 -0500

The only thing that has worked for me on our and a neighbor's touch lamps is a 120
micorhenry RF choke in series with a 1.8k ohm resistor at the circuit board end of the
sense lead.
March 1988 QST Technical Correspondence page 42 had a nice article on this. 3 lamps were
discussed. the cures:
1. A 4.7 millihenry, 100 milliamp RF choke in series with a 1.8k resistor. (this one
worked for me)
2. Same as #1 plus 7 turns of the power cord on a 2.5 inch Amidon FT-240-43 toroid.
Raising the resistor value above 1.8k to the highest value possible while still allowing
touch operation will provides the highest attenuation.
3. A 9.4 millihenry RF Choke in series with a 3.3kohm resistor plus a Radio Shack power
line filter.
January 1986 QST had another article, saying a 100 microhenry RF choke in series with a
1.8kohm resistor worked.
Skip W5GAI
 "Experiment trumps theory."  -- Dave Leeson W6NL

--
For more information, browse our web site http://www.bullcreek.net

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi