[RFI] Neon Light Interference

Jon Ogden Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com>
Thu, 03 May 2001 07:20:23 -0500

on 5/3/01 12:03 AM, Stephanie WX3K at wx3k@ptd.net wrote:

> Im not so sure the ac line filter would help too much in this case. The neon
> light tubes are radiating themselves.
>
> As far as the wrapping each tube end to end with wire........Wouldnt
> wrapping the the tube end to end obscure the actual light itself. In any
> event, this method is totally impractical.

Not really, Stephanie.  The wire is so thin you'd never see it.  You leave
enough space between the windings and from the street, you'd barely notice
that there was any difference in intensity.

Now getting him to let you mess with his sign is the REAL problem.

I think if you really want this fixed, go to the store owner and offer to
buy him a brand spanking new sign.  It is not a cheap solution, but that
should definitely fix your problem and might help the pizza store get more
customers with a nicer sign.

73,

Jon
NA9D