[RFI] internet Problems

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:07:28 -0500

on 9/19/01 10:29 PM, John Kjos W9RPM at w9rpm@qth.com wrote:

> Hi, I sometimes have a problem losing my internet connection, while on
> 80 and 160M. I have a DSL connection. Usually it reconnects after a bit,
> but sometimes I have to un-power my router and restart it to get it up
> again. Any ideas? Thanks- John W9RPM

I've seen similar problems.  But then again, my DSL connection is poor at
best so I don't worry about it too much!  :-)

What I've found does help is to take one of Amidon's large size torroids,
FT-77 material.  Wrap about 12 turns of the DSL line around one side of the
torroid.  Wrap about the same number of turns around the opposite side of
the torroid with the power cord.  Or you could use two torroids and wrap
each line separately.

This seemed to help me a bit.

73,

Jon