[RFI] RFI resistant telephones

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 13:12:16 +0000

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 09:54:01 -0600 "Edward F. Douglass"
<douglass@dcwis.com> writes:
> The ARRL RFI tech site mentions the Radio Shack ET-171 as a phone
> that is
> pretty resistant to RF.  However, my Radio Shack catalog no longer
> lists
> this model.

Although I have not personally tried it, I believe the ET-296
series is identical to the old ET-171. It's $14.99 in my
2002 catalog.

Radio Shack also sells the 43-150 Telephone RFI Filter, which
is identical to the K-Com filter, and can be quite effective for
those cases where the ET-171 cannot be used, such as on a
computer modem, special feature phone, FAX machine, Satellite
Receiver modem, etc. The filter is $10.99 in my 2002 RS catalog,
which is cheaper than K-Com's price.

Radio Shack's liberal return policy enables you to bring these
items back for a refund if they don't work to your satisfaction.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ