[RFI] AST Research

Ed - K0iL k0il@arrl.net" <k0il@arrl.net
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:58:57 -0600

On Monday, 04 February, 2002 1:18 AM, Cortland Richmond
[SMTP:ka5s@earthlink.net] wrote:
> Not to mention reliability. I used to work at
> AST Research. The Chief was said to
> ocassionally buy PS and chassis' at Fry's: "Why
> can't we buy this stuff as cheap as Fry's sells
> it?"
>
> Then he had to be SHOWN why.

That must be why my AST Vision-5v monitor is as clean as my NEC C500!  I
can have both on in the ham shack and can only find computer noise if I
turn on the Preamps on the rig--even then it's not bad (and it may even be
from the keyboard, not the monitors at all).

73,
de ed -K0iL
(Not parting with my AST or my NEC anytime soon!)