[RFI] cabling in the shack

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 04:27:01 -0500

I'm getting tired of always having "just a little" RFI in the shack, and am
thinking of a thorough recabling.  I don't have any antennas driven against
ground, so the problem is basically just one of replacing all the
miscellaneous inter-box cabling (12v power, etc.) with shielded wire and
all the RF jumpers with double-shielded coax.

TopTen Devices suggests using RG-174 small-diameter coax for the 12v supply
to its 2-radio control box.  Is this a good general choice, or does anyone
have a better idea for high-quality shielded, insulated wire?

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org