[RFI] Unknown Signal

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Dec 7 12:32:36 EST 2003

At 11:25 AM 12/7/03 -0600, Jim Brown wrote:
> >I'm hearing it here in eastern WV, near DC.
>
>In Chicago I'm hearing what could be one signal with sidebands or
>multiple signals. It's moderately unstable (or has FM-like components)
>and sounds a lot like many signals that I hear scattered around the ham
>bands. It is clearly coming in on the antenna, and is considerably
>stronger on my dipole at 50 ft than on my vertical  at 20 ft.  No beam
>here.  There is at least one signal or component of it that is being
>keyed on and off.
>
>One of the strongest signals I hear is a pair at 14.030 and 14.031 MHz.

Wait a sec, we started out at 28635...  are you hearing THAT one in
Chicago?  If there are many sources, as is starting to appear likely, we
need to try to keep this straight so we can feed good data to the FCC DF
people, who have excellent capabilities.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm