[RFI] Eliminating TVI

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Dec 27 07:45:07 EST 2003

At 09:28 PM 12/26/03 -0800, N6KJ wrote:
>As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I already verified that I get
>interference when I disconnect the satellite set-top and VCR and ONLY
>play a DVD.

I don't know how relevant it is to your case, but when I was going through
the interference decision tree a few years ago, I discovered that I had
interference when my VCR was hooked up, but none when the TV was directly
connected to the cable -- apparently the VCR itself had some of those
problems Jim was talking about, and it was receiving and perhaps rectifying
the HF signal.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm