[RFI] Formal RFI complaint to the FCC

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 08:18:59 EST 2003

I believe that the presence of harmful interference outside a residence (in
this case apparently 200 feet away - and to WWV) makes it possible for the
FCC to act -- and for Riley Hollingsworth to apply an "attitude adjustment"
to the firm whose equipment produces it.

I could be wrong.

However, this is where the various state laws on implied suitability come
into play. Since tech RUles say harmful interference (even at "legal"
levels) requires us to cease operating the devices which generate it, then
the equipment we've bought is NOT suitable for the purpose for which it is
sold. (That's our argument against BPL!)  In such cases, I am told, many
states require merchants to refund the purchase price. That is why I
advised seeking out a consumer advocacy agency or office.  It may be
necessary to engage an attorney.  Or not. Small Claims court is available
for amounts below $5,000, depending on the state. And of course, the
adverse publicity might wake up the manufacturer.

Cortland

station?