[RFI] Anyone heard of this type of noise?

WX5L wx5l at charter.net
Mon Nov 17 11:35:38 EST 2003

Using the words definitely or positively are strong words
expecially in the RFI field. On the other hand I feel
strongly that the 15 khz spacing and stated bandwidth is a
give away. If you listen closely to the raspy a/c note of
this harmonic energy you can hear as the picture changes
scenes.

73,
Randy
WX5L

>>This is definitely emininating from his neighbors TV.

>Not necessarily.  Many devices other that TVs can radiate
>harmonics
>every so many kHz.  Any device using a switching power
>supply is a
>potential culprit.
>
>--
>Bill, W6WRT