[RFI] Fw: BPL threat to HF and AM radio

CliffHazen at aol.com CliffHazen at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 00:39:31 EDT 2003

In a message dated 9/24/03 18:40:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
K9RB at bellsouth.net writes:

> Reaching Broadband Nirvana
> United PowerLine Council Annual Conference Remarks of Commissioner
> Kathleen Q. Abernathy
> September 22, 2003 (As prepared for delivery)

My reply,

This is some of the background directly from her web site of one of our FCC
commissioners that is selling out all the HF spectrum from 2 MHz to 60 MHz
plus.

"Prior to her FCC appointment, Commissioner Abernathy was Vice President of
Public Policy at BroadBand Office Communications, Inc. Before that, she was a
partner at the law firm of Wilkinson Barker Knauer. Commissioner Abernathy’s
experience also includes serving as Vice President for Regulatory Affairs at
U.S. West, Inc. and as Vice President for Federal Regulatory at AirTouch
Communications, Inc.

named one of the most powerful women in television by Electronic Media
magazine

As Commissioner, she is responsible for representing the public interest in
each of the policy areas under the FCC's jurisdiction. These responsibilities
include regulation of broadcast television, cable, satellite, domestic and
international telecommunications, wireless telephony, consumer protection and
education and general enforcement of Commission rules."

She has conveniently forgotten the section about general enforcement of
Commission rules.  Another attorney who has sold their soul to large corporation s
and financially driven special interest groups.  I wonder how much stock she
still holds in US West/Quest and AirTouch?  Did she sell out before the crash
and left the 401k'ers holding the bag,  no insider info here, right?

Perhaps she will pray to her Nirvana when nationwide BPL is implemented and
all the HF interference to the amateur bands,  sw broadcast,  low vhf broadcast
tv channels,  military and government bands will magically disappear.  In her
science, high frequency propagation and interference only occurs when her god
commands it.

It's time people, to start looking into the backgrounds,  political
affiliation, large corporate entanglement and financial dealings of our FCC
Commissioners.  They have already made their decision on BPL and only have to publish it.
Congress is our next stop and only salvation.  A prime example is the FCC's
treatment of the few small AM and FM commercial broadcasters left in this
country and the lack of diversity in local commercial broadcasting.

I have written Commiss Abernathy a letter stating my strong objections to her
obviously biased support and promotion of HF BPL trying to circumvent and in
direct violation of present FCC regulations that have been in place for years.
 These active regulations have a strong history and represent the tried and
true time tested engineering/technical knowledge case law of many years of
experience of American commercial radio interests, government-military users and
amateur radio operators supplying radio communications during emergencies.  Is
she willing to forfeit the lives of the passengers of a commercial jetliner
hijacked over the north polar route just because of BPL interference to the HF
frequencies used by non land mass route jets?

http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/abernathy/biography.html

Cliff N7HIY