[RFI] 120v halogen lights

Martin Ewing martin at aa6e.net
Tue Apr 6 13:59:54 EDT 2004

Interesting, if OT.  The effect may be real, but I am trying see the
physics.  The E-field seems too small to push W atoms around.  They are
neutral.  But maybe there's a slight ionization.  Or momentum transfer
from the electrons? Which end gets the "notch"? Hmm...

Whatever it is, lifetime should improve dramatically if you reduce the
temperature -- run at reduced voltage, AC or DC.

Anyway, on the original topic -- old-fashioned iron-core transformers,
variable transforms and/or rheostats (do we still use that word?) are
the way to go.

73, Martin AA6E

Re: [RFI] 120v halogen lights