[RFI] BPL

doc kd4e at arrl.net
Sat Apr 17 15:26:23 EDT 2004

> 3) deliberate interference...and that's what was proposed here,
> 	is illegal.  And beneath us.

Please do not misrepresent my post.  LEGAL operation of Amateur
Radio gear is NEVER "deliberate interference".

Read the regs -- their devices are REQUIRED to protect against
LEGAL transmissions, our devices are not required to be shut
down because their devices have been *knowingly* manufactured
with defective features.

IF we choose to operate LEGALLY in order to make the point
that their marketing spinmeisters are lying-for-profit DOES
NOT make US the bad guys.

In the marketplace VHS won over BETA -- NOT because VHS was
the superior technology.  Don't make the false assumption
that merely because BPL is inferior technology that it will
not be forced into the marketplace -- it would not be the first
time, nor the last, that inferior devices beat-out superior
ones.

BTW:  My proposal was made with tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek.

Sheesh!  ;-(

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida