[RFI] UTC Paper on BPL5

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 13 17:35:28 EDT 2004

Anytime I read, "...maximizes the value of existing assets by leveraging..."
and "...seeking optimum levels of regulation..."

I know there is trouble ahead.  This combination generally translates to
"Hey, we found another way to bill for this stuff, if we can get away with
it."

The dangerous part is in the conclusions - "...whether or not competitive
advantage is sought, BPL could become an integrated part of most utilities
daily operations through internal applications..."  i.e. - we're going to
deploy it anyway.

73, Ward N0AX

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:56:12 -0400

http://www.utc.org/file_depot/0-10000000/0-10000/1013/folder/12779/BPLWhite+Paper+Final.pdf