[RFI] FCC okays BPL proposal

Jim Brown jimbrown.enteract at rcn.com
Fri Feb 13 09:36:03 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:20:58 -0500, ARRL Web site wrote:

>The FCC has unanimously approved a Notice of Proposed Rule Making
>(NPRM) to deploy Broadband over Power Line (BPL).

As a city resident and ong time believer that one should be a good
neighbor, and as a ham who believes that much of the fun of operating
lies in doing it with lower power, I've never run more than 100 watts
in my 49 years of hamming.

BPL changes that. I'm buying a legal limit amplifier, and I'm going to
use it a lot.

Use it, or lose it.

Oh -- and I'm also going to work very hard to defeat Republicans in the
upcoming elections, who are the reason the FCC is packed with folks who
think all of this is a good idea.

Jim Brown  K9YC