[RFI] I wish this guy had interviewed Ed Hare also...

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jan 8 12:04:57 EST 2004

At 11:53 AM 1/8/04 -0500, k1ttt at arrl.net wrote:
>as i understand the homeplug stuff it adapts the channels it uses to avoid
>interference to itself.  in doing so it would avoid frequencies being used
>locally by other services.... being used to transmit that is.  so if you
>are listening on a frequency it can't avoid interfering with you unless
>you are listening to something else that is strong enough to interfer with
>the homeplug communications.

I think it also notches out the ham bands (to some finite degree), but
there's a whale of a difference between a system that distributes data
inside a house and one that moves data over miles of unbalanced high
voltage feeder.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm