[RFI] Can you identify this interference?

Mike A. King - KM0T scsueepe at mtcnet.net
Thu Jan 22 09:41:28 EST 2004

Hi guys, I have the same thing, its been around for 3 months or so.  But
since my station was down for maintinance, I did not pay too much attention
to it.  I now realize that something is up.   It is amazing how much the
same it sounds.

I live in a residential neigborhood.  I think its coming from the house next
door or the service transformer between us.  Or perhaps a CATV pedestal that
is there too.

I have yet to cut power to the house, but driving around it seems to die off
2 or so houses away.  It is not peaking by me.

I think it might be cable modems, as our community added that service not
long ago but I need to start DFing my self.  Its very strong on 6M which is
a concren, S9 and heard on 2M, then HF is really messed up.

73 and I will keep you posted.

Mike - KM0T en13vc