[RFI] Re: Electric Mattress Pads

Mike King - KM0T scsueepe at mtcnet.net
Sat Jan 24 00:46:35 EST 2004

The verdict is in.

The lady next door called tonight and I had her unplug her mattress pad,
sure enough, all the QRN went away.

I asked her when it was plugged in if it was "on" - no she said, but when
she turned it on, man did the QRN get bad, instead of the periodic pulse, it
was a solid S9 hash here on 50 Mhz.  She said she only turned it on at
night, but was plugged in all the time.  I must have never heard it before
when she was getting it all warmed up.

She forwarded the manuafacurer "perfectfit Industries" - Queen size - has
two sides that can be turned on and off independantly - dual controls.

So, I will check with them to see whats up.  Film at 11...

73 and GL

Mike - KM0T EN13