[RFI] This'd help in some areas

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 07:44:36 EDT 2004

All... I doubt the BPL crowd is 'gaming' their pilots as Dave suggests,
although I'm sure they're looking at the interference potential of the
pilots,
to figure out how best to mitigate it.

What's more likely is that they're searching for economic opportunity in a
reasonably methodical way.  That these tend to be in populated areas is no
surprise.  Rural markets simply cease to be economic at some point, just
as they are for cable and DSL service.

Ocham's razor:  the simplest answer is the most likely.

n2ea
jimjarvis at ieee.org

(In keeping with my recent post on Towertalk regarding endless quoting in
replies,
>, >>, >>>, >>>>,  etc., I've edited down Dave's original to preserve the
sense, and eliminated my original post.)