[RFI] Why we badly need "party line" materials for all hams

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 21:35:52 EDT 2004

Far more impressive is

"This frequency is used for long range aircraft communication.  Here  is what
it is supposed to sound like (cut to video of clear reception --  preferably
with real time communication occurring).  Here is what is sounds  like with
BPL (cut to video of noise)."

This simple example is totally missing from the ARRL materials (sorry  Ed).
Most folks don't understand S meters, field strength or any of that  techno
mumbo jumbo.  Watching a guy spin the dial means nothing.  CW  or SSB chatter
sounds the same in or out of BPL noise because they don't  understand any of it
anyway.  (Ask your wife) The ARRL video was good for  firing up hams because
we get it, the rest of the world hasn't a clue.

They can easily understand "Yep, I don't hear that airplane so good now.
Sure glad I am not on it."

Radio  k4ia
"Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia  USA