[RFI] CAT 3 Cable?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jun 20 23:42:09 EDT 2004

Tom,

I think it's time to play "I'll show you mine and you show me yours."  Here are
data for a large Fair Rite clamp-on -- 2" OD, 1" ID, 2" long.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/BiggestClampZ.jpg
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/BiggestClampR.jpg

In each case, the "winding" is the braid of Belden 1800F, a mic cable that is
roughly 0.21 OD.  Data  were taken at discrete frequencies, and plotted from
my spreadsheet. This is all small signal data, and there is no d.c. component.

I have comparable data for large toroids (2.4" OD), solid cylinders, and
smaller clamp-ons, and they behave similarly.

Jim