[RFI] Electrostatic filter rfi

W5FKX - Don w5fkx at cox.net
Mon Jun 28 07:41:23 EDT 2004

A fellow DX club member began having really bad broadband QRM that coincided
with the arrival of a new nextdoor neighbor. The noise was similar to that
of the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Quadra filter as posted on the VE3HLS
website (http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html - an excellent resource!).
It was confirmed that the neighbor did have one of these room air filters in
a location that was about 50 ft from my friend's quad. He is considering his
options in approaching the new neighbor and I offered to post this to see if
anyone on the list had any experience in mitigating the noise from these
units, other than unplugging them.

73,
Don W5FKX
Delta DX Association