[RFI] Today's Wall Stree Journal front page article on hams & BPL

dj2001 at mn.rr.com dj2001 at mn.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 18:01:17 EST 2004

>Jim Shaw wrote:
>>
>>  FYFI - Today's Wall Stree Journal carried a front page (very long) article
>>  (continued inside) on hams vs. BPL.  Appears as if the ARRL was a source.
>
>A copy of the article can be found at:
>
>http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/qrp-l/20040323/002514.html

Thanks Jim for the link.

Not a very helpful article.  Someone with good writing skills should
reply to the WSJ and let the writer and their boss (The Editor) know
that Amateur Radio is not just a "hobby", rather a public service and
that we ARE on the cutting edge of technology, not just a bunch of
old guys that built "crystal sets" in their youth.

This WSJ writer appears to not have any knowledge about the Amateur
Radio Service, or perhaps there are other motives for this article.

73
Dale, K9VUJ