[RFI] Today's Wall Street Journal front page article on hams & BPL

W0UN -- John Brosnahan shr at swtexas.net
Wed Mar 24 09:40:01 EST 2004

>Don't get me wrong; I love my hobby, but I would be embarrassed to tell
>someone I was "cutting edge".  What part of ham radio were you thinking
>of?

There ARE lots of examples of cutting edge technology in ham radio.

For example check out WSJT communications software, which
truly pushes the weak signal capabilities for communications.
http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/

Or check out the Software Defined Radio developments at
http://flex-radio.com

Or the Vector Network Analyzer work of by Paul, N2PK
http://users.adelphia.net/~n2pk/VNA/VNAarch.html

Or subscribe to QEX to see some exciting new work every
month.  But, granted, most hams do nothing more than chat--
just don't paint them all that way.

--John   W0UN