[RFI] WSJ/BPL...disastrous PR!

N6KJ kelly at thejohnsons.ws
Wed Mar 24 14:44:54 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:35:10 -0000, "Jim Jarvis" wrote:

> Now that I've read the damned article, I'm really pissed.
>
> This reporter became a PR flack for the power industry,
> and depicted hams in the worst possible light.
>
> [ STuff Deleted]

Jim, you're right that this technology will have trouble competing but
you're forgetting one important thing.  Remember the "Internet Bubble"?
Remember all the companies that had IPO's, their stock went to $200, and
now the company is history or has a stock price so low its been delisted
from NASDAQ?  What happened to the executives and VC's that funded
those companies?  Yep, they're worth millions now.  They now own multiple
homes, yachts, personal jets, and vacation on the Riviera.  They dumped their
shares and cashed in before the sh*t hit the fan.  What do you think
will happen with BPL?  Gee, do ya' think maybe there are a few BPL
equipment vendors out there that can't wait to sell a bunch of equipment
or get a contract with a major utility.  Do ya' think maybe the
investors and executives will cash out before the whole thing implodes?
Hmmm? Do you think the realities of the long-term market
potential scare them?  I doubt it.