[RFI] Today's Wall Stree Journal front page article on hams & BPL

N6KJ kelly at thejohnsons.ws
Fri Mar 26 17:52:36 EST 2004

The FCC has stated that BPL "must not cause harmful interference".
The BPL test sites are still bound by Part 15 requirements.
There are documented cases of "harmful interference" in the BPL test
sites (as I know you are personally aware).  Have you (or anyone else)
filed a complaint? What has the FCC done to enforce the rules so far?
Have interference problems been resolved in some/all cases?  Has
Riley been out to look at the interference at any of the test sites?  Is the FCC
simply ignoring the interference because these are "test sites"?  Are they
ignoring it because most of the interference reports have come from
mobile stations?  I mean the test sites are a small example of what it
will be like.