[RFI] WSJ-BPL

Alex kr1st at amsat.org
Tue Mar 30 14:25:00 EST 2004

Tom Rauch wrote:

> That's the problem with mass complaints. A large number of complaints don't
> mean nearly as much as one communication on a topic.

While I do agree with what you say, fact is that if there were no mass
complaints, it wouldn't be front page news. If only the ARRL and 6 (pick
a number) other hams would have filed a thoughtful response the NOI
(forget large numbers if you want only thoughtful and well balanced
only a small space in the obituary section.

> All of this makes us look like a selfish angry mob.

We aren't? Aren't we mad as h*ll that BPL will interfere with our county
hunting game? ;)

The ARRL already has two(!) articles in the "Attention All Amateurs" web
site section on how they think hams are supposed to respond. Let's just
leave it at that instead of beating each other up on how you or I think
we should respond to what. These type of things tend to sound
condescending after a while and divide people more than they unite.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com