[RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity? Give up? NO!

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue May 4 15:05:44 EDT 2004

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ said:
> At this point, I'm disappointed in the no. of comments filed in docket
> 04-37.
> The total as of a few minutes ago was 1012.   I'm disappointed in the
> You can find a pro-BPL statement in the FCC docket 04-37 on their
> website  and file
> your own anti-BPL comment as a RESPONSE.

With 1012 comments filed, it is unlikely most of us have anything
new to say about it.  Sheer numbers don't mean anything at the FCC.
If they did, the 160 meter phone subband petition would have been
accepted, since it had overwhelming support.  (I sent in my comments
on that one).

Also, the NPRM is not to approve or disapprove BPL.  It is to put
more restrictions on it than are present now.  We should be in FAVOR
of that.  Yes, it doesn't go far enough, but it is a step in the
right direction.  Just what is it you want us to say to the FCC anyway?
The proposed rules don't go far enough, so we don't want any new rules?

BTW, have you written your congresscritters and the white house about BPL
as requested by Jim Haynie?

Rick N6RK