[RFI] Senator Dianne Feinstein's response to my BPL letter

Michael Rosenberg mikerosenberg at ameritech.net
Mon May 10 15:25:38 EDT 2004

"I sent Dianne Feinstein a modified version of the recommended ARRL letter
on BPL.  FYI, here is her response.  Looks like they see "broadband" and
issue this standard spiel.  Notice the extra "A" prepended to "Broadband".
Kind of makes you wonder if these letters have any effect at all."

If you have ever been to the private neighborhood where Senator Feinstein's
mansion is you will know that if you stand in her driveway and look across
the street, you will see a mansion with a 40' tower and a tri-band yagi.
How that Amateur got around the CC&Rs is still a mystery to me.  Be that as
it may, I would nominate that Amateur to be your messenger to the good
Senator and allow him/her to demonstrate how BPL will interfere with HF and
how easily they can knock the neighborhood off of the net with a nice QSO.

73's

Mike N9FIK